As I was folding laundry the other day, Johnny had this great idea to make underwear hats. I am pretty sure he thinks that he is the first (and funniest) person to ever think of such a great idea. Of course he wanted me to take pictures of us (with both versions) so he could see how awesome it was.
Johnny always "helps" me in the kitchen. In fact we have taken to calling him "Momma's Little Cookin' Boy". Any time I try to make anything, he magically appears by my side to help me. He has also been helping himself to food anytime he is hungry. The other moring he woke Sean up at 6 am to ask him to open his popsicle that he had gotten himself for breakfast (of course Sean opened it without hesitation). Well, a few days ago I heard Johnny in the kitchen. I found him standing by the fridge holding 3 eggs. As I took the eggs from him I noticed that they were wet.
"Johnny, why are the eggs wet?" I asked.
"I washed my hands" he says.
"Why did you wash your hands?"
"I had eggy juice on them. Is that pretty funny?"
And this is what I found.
"Mom, you want some eggs?"
"Yeah Johnny"
"OK, coming right up!"
Little did I know that the cooking was going to last all week!
Eggs anyone?
(you can't really tell in this picture, but he had also gotten himself dressed that day. He was wearing an 18 month shirt of Sam's and no underwear)
Rice Crispy Treats...
Spaghetti: a couple noodles, some salt and a tortilla (why the tortilla?)...
There is a place called "Jump on it" next door to Sean's office. It a basically a huge warehouse with wall-to-wall trampolines and bounce-houses. Thursday mornings they have "mommy & me" and open it up for kids 5 and under for $3. Johnny loves it. I am sad because this week is the last week of "mommy & me" until the fall. Sam isn't so sure about the trampolines as you can see by his face :)
The boys are starting to play together as Sam is getting older and I LOVE it. No one can even come close to making Sam laugh like Johnny does. This is how I found them the other day...
I can't believe how old Sam is getting. He is honestly the sweetest, easiest baby anyone could ask for. I'll admit the first 9 months of his life were torture because he would only sleep for 45 minutes to an hour at a time, but now that he sleeps, I really couldn't ask for anything more. I am kind of sad that he is thinning out so much though. I was hoping that he would keep some of his chub but I have a feeling he is going to turn into a skinny mini like his brother did. Still no teeth at 10 1/2 months!!! Poor kid must have the toughest gums ever because all of the teeth are bulging but won't break through. We love our Sammy.
17 comments:
I love this post. Maybe I'll use Johnny's spaghetti recipe. Three ingredients...sounds pretty easy. And I love the underwear hats. Very clever.
The underwear hats is a really good look for both of you!
I am so happy. You've been holding out on me w/ info on your blog. The kids are going to LOVE this!! Easton told me today that he will change baby Sam's diaper. He is always talking about your guys since our trip. He kept saying something about "Kitty" and finally I was like get over it we're not getting a kitty. He then said "No, Kitty, Johnny's mom". We love you guys!!
I hope my kids are as cute as yours. What beautiful children! Oh, um, and I hope I can be a hot mom like you. Sending you hugs from Tampa and Indiana! Love you guys!
Katie Lady! Your babies are darling. And I am glad to see that you are staying caught up with US Weekly! Love you (so much I named my baby after you!!!!)
Kimmie
This post was so funny. Can Johnny come over and cook us something? What a cute picture of the boys sleeping by each other. I hear you are coming soon. We can't wait.
OK, Johnny is such a crack up! I love the underwear on your heads pictures! You are so cute with your boys. The last picture is so sweet the way you're looking at Sam.
i love it. i love that he is a jr. chef. the picture of the boys together is my fave.
you make parenting look so awesome, it probably helps that you have the awesomest kids ever!
your family is so rad. will you adopt me?
Great post! I love these pictures!
Hey-I just found your blog--your pics were cracking me up! You have such cute little boys! I love the undies on the head and the gourmet meals! cute cute!
Hi Katie! This is the first time I've seen your blog. I'm going to have to read up a bit. I love that picture of you reading US Weekly (my fav). I was just thinking how sad it is that Johnny is probably a better cook than me. And I'm probably messier. We really should get the boys together. They'd have a great time.
Cute pictures! Seriously love the underwear hats! So how did he end up with underwear on his head, yet no underwear while cooking? hmmm... kids are a mystery :)
I love the picture of them asleep on the floor. So precious! And you are a good mom to go with the underwear on the head thing--too funny!
Dude, update your blog. Don't you have some picture of me you could put up or something?
Post a Comment