Saturday, June 21, 2008

June

The month of June has gone by way too fast. We have finally had some nice weather and ventured outdoors. Here are a few of the things we have done this month...

We have lived in our house for 2 years now, but still have not put the grass in the backyard (the yard is finally ready and the sod is ordered for next weekend!!!). So, what do you do when you want to have a fun party but don't have a backyard? Well, you have it in the front yard of course. White trash, I know. 

How to throw an awesome white trash front yard party...
1) Pizza (Costco pizza of course)
2) bottled soda in a cooler
3) Music with over-sized speakers so you look cool
4) Lovesac on the front porch (a couch would also work)
5) a bouncehouse on the front lawn
6) a bubble machine
7) an ice cream truck
8) Last but not least...lots of good company. 

(oh, and it's better if you don't wear shoes, it adds to the theme)









Sam gave his brother lots of kisses and tried to kiss me through the net...



We had an awesome bubble machine...



The ice cream truck (well...van) even came by. He hit the jackpot. He probably wishes everyone was cool like us and had front yard parties...





We ended the night with "The Incredibles"...


The boys have just been boys... 





Sam has become the biggest Daddy's boy you have ever seen. He cries and bangs on the door every time Sean leaves for work. His only words and "uh-oh", "bye-bye" and "dada". I thought it would make me sad if my kids liked their dad more than me, but it's actually really nice :) 



Johnny (and Sean) got to play on Stuart's sweet new Harley. Thanks Stu! 

We went to the farm at Thanksgiving point where Johnny giggled and squealed  like a little girl every time the goats ate corn out of his hand. 







You've been good to us June, and there is still more to come!

13 comments:

Alifinale said...

What a fun WT party! I love it. And I love all the pics. You have some very cute boys there.

And I saw that you were on Jessett's list of friends and I told her that we knew you (she is in my ward). Such a small world.

the kendig family said...

ain't no party like a white trash party!!! you are your mama's daughter. cuz it ain't a party without a bump house. if only b orgquist could sign for it. we really wish you were here partying with us. boo hoo

the kendig family said...

ain't no party like a white trash party!!! you are your mama's daughter. cuz it ain't a party without a bump house. if only b orgquist could sign for it. we really wish you were here partying with us. boo hoo

josh and summer said...

You guys are so fun!! And when did baby Sam get so big?? I guess time flies when you NEVER get to see each other. The boy are too cute-it makes my day seeing all those pictures of them. The only thing missing from your WT party was lots of little bikes,toys and a broken down swing set to complete the picture.

Bek said...

you guys were totally porchin' it...hardcore. i need to hang out. i'm moving this week though. can we be friends next week? i need to hang out on your front lawn. big time.

Jessett said...

I love the WHITE TRASH Party! Looks like so much fun! I might hav to get together with the Anderson and have one.... LOL!!!

Brooke said...

Looks like a fun party. I love all the pictures of Sam and Johnny together. Cute brothers.

Jeremy said...

You forget you are in Lehi, and only you big city folk can afford quality costco pizza, big bean bags, and a big screen TV you can take outside.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, I love your front yard party! So awesome! Your boys are so darling...miss you!

King Family said...

sorry we didn't come to the party. we just knew it would be so foreign to our classy kids :)

Alex and Jane said...

Hey, why wasn't I invited to the white trash party? Don't I define white trash? Next time there is a bounce house involved I espect to be invited.

Alex and Jane said...

I meant expect.

Lindsay Cahoon said...

How come I am just noticing that the picture of Johnny on the sheep is the funniest thing I've ever seen?