Thursday, December 11, 2008

We made it through November

In the midst of all of the craziness that was November, my brother Spencer returned home from his mission in Hawaii. He's awesome and we are happy that he is home. My kids love him and it's like he was never gone. We feel bad that he didn't have a very happy welcome home. He had been home exactly a week when we found out that my dad's cancer is back then the next day the house burned down. How's that for a welcome home greeting? He's great and we love Uncle Spencer. 

We went to Boulder for Thanksgiving. It was fun and great to be with my family. Other than my dad getting pneumonia, it was a great weekend. 











Our good friend Ian "Eagle Bones" plays guitar for the Aquabats. The Aquabats were in Salt Lake last weekend along with DJ Lance Rock from Yo Gabba Gabba. We went to the show of course and brought Johnny. Not only did Johnny get to hang out with the Aquabats and DJ Lance, but he go to go on stage with the other Yo Gabba Gabba characters. He was a little star struck as you can tell. 






My parents and brothers are doing good considering everything that they are going through right now. They were able to find a great rental house. It's close to their "house" and it's still big enough for us to come visit. They have so many wonderful friends and family members that have helped them more than we could have ever imagined.  Thank you so much for your help and prayers. As far as my dad, he goes in for a bone scan soon. If the cancer is in his bones (which they are pretty certain it's not) then he will start chemo right away. If it is not in his bones, he will only need radiation and can wait until January to start. It has been hard for me to be so far away from them through all of this but it is great to know that there are so many people that I can count on to help them out. 

18 comments:

Sarah said...

Katie, thanks for sharing all of this. I think about your family all the time and it is good to hear how they are doing. A few years ago bek and I were talking about how you have the most "with it" family- you guys are all such good examples of what a strong family looks like and I am sure that has helped a lot this month.

Staci said...

Thank you for the update Katie! I am sorry Uncle Chuck was sick in Boulder. That is so wonderful you all got to be together for Thanksgiving though, and especially in Boulder. Glad you are all doing well. Your boys are adorable! We love you all!

Lindsay Cahoon said...

Wow. What a downer.

Cathy said...

That was an eventful November. Hopefully December will be tons better! Thanks for being our friends. We love hanging out with you guys. Especially to play our nerd game!

Michael said...

The only thing that I was wondering that you did not cover is #1 when will your Dad get released as Bishop and #2 how can I get that job?

Bek said...

katie, i pretty much luya. thanks for the updates on your life. it makes me feel like we're girl talkin' all the time.

love you guys lots and hope to see you in yl over the holidays.

becky said...

i love you and think the world of you! my prayers are with your family...

you better make it on the 22nd....even if you stop by!!!!

Josh said...

I hope everything works out for your family. It was fun to run into you at Subway yesterday. Also, I got your Christmas card - you sure have two cute boys!

the kendig family said...

i want a picture with dj lance dance.

Jessett said...

Katie Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and sorry to hear about your dad. You are all in our prayers.

If you ever pass through Vegas and need a place to crash or just stop for a while or just want to visit let me know. We love visiters.

josh and summer said...

Katie- loved your xmas card, loved catching up on your bloggy. and love how cute you are. Way to go for being such a trooper this past month. I know that you have been suffering right along with your fam. Those pics from Yo Gabba were amazing. Easton was FREAKING out. He just ran off to tell Josh about his "friend Johnny playing with DC Lance and Brobee". Love you!!

Katie said...

Katie, you are lookin so skinny girl! Just got your Christmas card. What a DARLING picture of your boys. Who took it?

Michael said...

Uhhh, November 11th? Come on now. Well I think Kelly will kill me if I don't stay with her but hanging out will absolutley happen. We are driving so I'll bring anything to you.

Matt Flake said...

That paint color is silver sage. The light silver sage is a lot more blue and its a little darker. Good luck on your next projects. I can't wait to see them someday.

Emily said...

I LOVE it when people post tons of pictures! My favorite is the one of you and Lindsay struttin your stuff. It's too bad that you weren't in CA when The Aquabats were playing--it was like a 4th ward reunion. :)

Tara said...

ummmm...Boulder??? And you didn't call me??? j/k--I know how busy things get.
So sorry to hear about your dad. How is he doing?? You guys are going through a lot lately. You are in our prayers!

Tara said...

ummmm...Boulder??? And you didn't call me??? j/k--I know how busy things get.
So sorry to hear about your dad. How is he doing?? You guys are going through a lot lately. You are in our prayers!

Bek said...

will you tell us about december and january too?