Tuesday, September 1, 2009

July and August

It's been a while. A long while. I posted a really sweet naked cowboy picture of Sam the other day. But, I had broken Sean's no-nudity-on-the-blog rule (you never can be too safe) so he took it off. If you didn't get to see it, it's a shame because it's great.

Speaking of cowboys, we went to Boulder for the 4th of July. That was 2 months ago...crazy. Most of my family was there. We missed Matt and his fam. The highlight of the weekend was when Sean, Judd, Ethan and Spencer rocked and impromptu "You Shook Me All Night Long" at the Boulder town dance. They were a hit. I think I can honestly say that I have never been so proud. Unfortunately we don't have any pictures of it. Here are a couple pics from the Boulder Parade.






Speaking of cowboys again, we went to the Spanish Fork Rodeo a while back. Sam must have been really thirsty. Johnny barfed into a bag while we were there. He had the stomach flu but we let him go anyway. He was devastated when I told him he couldn't go, so I gave in. I took along a bag just in case. Good thing I did. Feel free to nominate me for mom of the year.







We went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. Before new LDS temples are dedicated, they hold an open house and allow the public to take a tour of the temple. Johnny was thrilled that he got to go in but was confused as to why we were wearing colors and not white.



my special sis lindsay and friend Jane.
Johnny's "cute face". Don't know how that got started.
Lindsay and Johnny cute faces.

My cousin Kimmie was in town visiting her in-laws. Kimmie and I were best best friends growing up. It had been a long time since we had seen each other. She and her girls came to hang out with us one day. I can't believe how big her girls are.

Katie (named after yours truly!), Hailey, Johnny, Audra, Sam


We took a trip to CA in August. Our good friends Ian and Ashlyn tied the knot on the 15th! The boys and I drove down the week before the wedding to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa. It was wonderful as always. Lots of beach, swimming, cousins, cousin sleepovers and getting spoiled by my mom and dad.




It was my Mom's and brother Matt's birthdays on the 2nd. Johnny had the great idea to have a bowling birthday party for them while we were there. It was just as much fun as it sounds :) No really, it was fun.


( We are totally bringing overalls back. I love them.)


And we finished off the trip seeing these two sealed for time and all eternity. We love Ian and Ashlyn and are so happy we got to be a part of their big day. Congrats again you two!



Since then, we've had a ward camp out and spent a day with the Rainer side of the fam.



11 comments:

Jerilita's said...

Hi Katie,
So fun to see all the pictures and hear what you've been up to.Sounds like you've been so very busy with lots of fun fun fun! Your parents I know are so excited to spend any time they can with you. It brings them so much fun and happiness. Especially those two cutie cowboys of yours!I'm glad you are doing so well! I really am loving Hawaii so far I told Stacie she needs to pinch me for it does't seam real.I picked up my car on Friday so just two more boxes and all my things are here. Take good care and keep enjoying each day with your wonderful family. love you aunt Jer

Alex and Jane said...

Why didn't you mention the awesome picture of fairies that was in the temple? That was definitely the best part of the open house. Maybe it was tied with Lindsay's cute face.

Emily said...

That's a shame about taking the cowboy picture down-that was hilarious and so cute!

Katie said...

Katie, you look so good! Your hair has gotten long and I love the bangs. I can't believe how big your boys are getting. So fun to be able to hang out with the whole fam! Miss you!

Lindsay Cahoon said...

I just want everyone to know that I made that dress myself.

Sarah Tayebi said...

you have the most beautiful family- you guys should do family modeling, you'd make millions.

Bek said...

you're the best mom alive. you win. and your kids are mine. i'm coming to get them...right now.

Tara said...

ummm....Boulder AGAIN and you didn't come see me?????

kellykumquat said...

Hey Katie!
I'm seriously bummed I missed the naked cowboy pic! Your boys are SO SO SO handsome! Sheesh!
I love your commentary . . .makes me laugh every time!

Leilani Bascom said...

Hello Katie! Thanks for stopping by my blog...you are as beautiful as ever and your boys are adorable!!

Katie said...

OK-It's time to update ;-) Thanks for the comments on my blog, I love hearing from you. You're right, it would be nice if we lived closer to get our kids together. Maybe one day my girls and your boys will meet up at BYU, fall in love and get married! LOL...Miss you!