Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to life, Back to reality.

Summer is coming to a close...boo hoo. But, I must say it's going out with style for me and my kids (not so much for Sean, poor guy needs to take a vacation!).  I am SO not ready for it to be over, but it has been a fun summer. I haven't been so good at documenting things, so here is the last month and a half of summer fun...


Johnny and I did some awesome carnivaling. He had seen the carnival being set up and couldn't wait to go on the caterpillar roller coaster. 






My mom came up for a visit. My dad and brother Ethan were going to Lake Powell, so they drove my mom as far as St. George and Lindsay and I drove down to meet her. We stayed the night in St. George where we had a breath taking city view from our hotel room (sarcasm), then headed back up to our neck of the woods for the rest of the week. Lucky Linds got to drive home with Mom and spend a week in YL. 


We went to the petting zoo at Gardner Village.


Here I am taking a rest in the shade. 



My friend Vicky came to visit for a week in August. Vicky and I have been good friends since the good old days of Travis Ranch Middle School. We had a fun time. We went to Park city and did the Alpine slides. Ask Johnny what he said when we were going down...actually, don't. We tubed the Provo River, went to Bridal Veil Falls, Sundance, did a movie in the back yard. And who could forget FatCats?  We had a great time but I left the picture taking up to Vicky. I'll have her email them to me then I'll post some. 


The boys and I just got back from a 10 day vacation to my parents' house in Orange County. My parents and Aunt Sue and Uncle Bill came up to Salt Lake last minute to attend my mom's uncle's funeral. I decided to take advantage of the free ride to Cali and drove back with them and flew home on Tuesday night. We had the best time ever. Lots of beach, Disneyland, Palm Springs, swimming, cousins and best of all, Grandma and Grandpa. Johnny was very sad to leave and thought Daddy should just come to California too so we would never have to leave. He told me yesterday that he doesn't like Utah, he likes California. I feel his pain. According to him, CA is great because it has diving boards and palm trees. Sam mastered swimming. He loved jumping to me and going under (if I get around to it, I'll post a video). He also started taking steps and LOVED my Uncle Bill. We had a fun time in Palm Springs, but I forgot to take any pictures. It was a great trip, well worth the 10 pounds I gained while there! 


Johnny showing off his big guns.
Swimming at Grandma and Grandpa's
On the "Pirate Ship" at D-land. A little excited?
The kiddos eating Mickey ice cream.
My parents with Porter and Johnny in CA Adventure.
Playing with Grandpa at the beach.
He loved the boogie board.
Baby Jillie and Baby Janie. BFF.
My nephew Porter. He is a boogie boarding pro.
Sam Sam playing in the sand.
Thomas (my cousin's boy) and his giant sand crab.
Yummy sand. 
My niece Lily doing an awesome gymnastics/ballet routine. 
Lily and a poodle.
All the cousins in the sand.
Cute Emily just turned 10!!!
The lady folk. Go Brooke! 
Porter's dream come true...boogie boarding with Grandma.


Johnny and Lily making sand angels.
My cute little niece Jane.

13 comments:

Lindsay Cahoon said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous. That looks like the funnest trip ever. My comments to follow:
1. Fist picture of Johnny: had he gone on a ride where he got wet? Or was it just really hot that day?
2. Mom must really love St. George.
3. I think someone put drugs in Lily's ice cream.
4. I can't believe there was a poodle at the beach--Lily's lucky day.
5. Look at Kristina's beautiful legs!
6. Is that Brooke in that cute green suit?
And finally...
7. If it's the last thing I do, I am framing that picture of Mom on a boogie board and hanging it in my home.
I'm glad you are back to Utah and back to blogging.

Emily said...

I hate it when summer ends! Poopy. Looks like you had fun though. I am impressed your mom got on the boogie board! She is A-maze-iing!

Matt and Mandy said...

Wow, you guys HAVE been busy! Sounds like sooo much fun! Here comes winter to ruin everything :)

Cathy said...

You had such a fun summer! I'm so glad you guys got to go to California, but I don't what to you move there! You guys are way too much fun and I would miss you too much. Now that things are calming down we start hanging out again!

The Alts Family said...

Great Pics of Cali....what are we still doing living here??? =)

kkendig said...

okay, lindsay should be jealous. maybe she should quit her job, it just gets in the way of fun. several comments-
1- johnny is right, you should stay in california. all of our weeks are like last week.
2- you are right, lindsay, my legs do look good, nt as good as my hair. its hot.
3- dori is amazing, i am so sad i missed her on the boogey board. at least i lived to see her do the splits (twice actually and it is still one of the most incredible things i have ever seen.)
4- we miss johnny and want him to stay down here.
5- is dori nursing baby jane?

Ryan said...

Oh wow! We loved reading that last post! It felt like a mini-vacation :) You have the cutest little family. Thank you so much for being such a great friend and support... you have honestly been one of the best through all of this! We'll be better at keeping in touch...All our love!

josh and summer said...

Hooray for new updates! What a fun summer. Your boys are getting cuter and cuter (didn't think it was possible!) I think we should all move to CA- it looks amazing. Miss you guys but look forward to seeing you this week!

Seth said...

good times. i think we can get johnny to like utah, teach him to ski and then take him to lagoon a lot, same thing. :) thanks for a new post.
(this is angie, i am too lazy to change the account to mine)

Sarah said...

love the flakes-rainers. so bomb.

Skyler said...

let's mos-definitely Dland it up when you guys are here. Call our phone, we'll be waiting.

Katie said...

What a fun summer you've had! Love all the pictures and commentary! Especially you laying out in the shade, LOL! Miss you!

julie and john said...

Okay, I was just checking out your blog today and saw a photo of Randy Sparks on your blog!! Randy served in my dad's mission and we used to hang out quite a bit at BYU. Such a small small world!!!!