Friday, October 10, 2008

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

I have fat babies. Johnny was 9 lb 4 oz when he was born and stayed in the mid 90% for his weight for the first year of his life. That is, until he stopped nursing and he turned into a mini. 


Well, as you know Sam was an even fatter baby. He wasn't quite as big as Johnny at birth, although I was induced a week early. He was 8 lb 12 oz when he was born. By 2 months he was 15 lb, 4 months 18 lb and 6 months 21 lb. That's big and fat...just the way I like them. Today I took Sam in for his 15 month check-up. He weighs 23.6 lb. That's the 36 percentile. WHAT?!?!?! 36%?!?!??!!? I knew he had lost his chub, but come on! He doesn't even weigh as much as the average 15 month old?  But, he's cute just the same! At least they both kept their chubby cheeks! 

9 comments:

Katie said...

LOL, you're so funny! Mia has always been such a squirt. At one year old she only weighed 18 lbs. so I wasn't aloud to have her front facing in her car seat. Its funny though cuz she's always had plenty of flash on those thighs!

King Family said...

welcome to my world katie...except my kids (except sophie) aren't even on the charts they are so small.

A | E said...

I've got a friend who's baby is 8 months and 26 lbs!

the kendig family said...

what you aren't here still??? i thought you were going to be here for a while, or i would have made an effort to see you guys. i guys we will see you in a few when spencer comes home, right?

King Family said...

katie,
could you post some picture from your d-land trip already? i want to envy.

King Family said...

katie,
could you post some picture from your d-land trip already? i want to envy.

Alex and Jane said...

Remember how your Johnny said to my Johnny when he was touching Sam, "You leave him 'lone, you." Small or not your kids are still so cute. We are going to have fun at Thanksgiving Point. Hope your bronchitis gets better!

josh and summer said...

That is so funny!! You wouldn't ever guess that by looking at him. Maybe because he is so ADORABLE!!! BTW, Angie really wants some pics of you Dland trip. :] Hope you are feeling better!!

Rusty and Tara said...

The cheeks are the most important part anyway. I just want to pic Sam up and munch on him!